Anyway, there was precious little about Grace Snodgrass other than her HuffPo pieces and her Facebook page, in which she identifies herself as a liberal. After I got the soda to stop foaming out of my nose, I noticed the picture you see here. Yes, it's Grace herself, belly to the bar, eyes closed, fists clenched, ready for anything. I wondered why a teacher would make this her profile picture on Facebook.
Then I began perusing the A4E website for more info, and I discovered that they're having another get together tonight for anyone who likes to drink and doesn't mind pledging loyalty to a prissy little snot like Evan Stone. While you can't enjoy the free drinks without the pledge, you might want to show up and say hi. It will be held at The Gate, 321 Fifth Ave. at 3rd St., Brooklyn, from 3:30 to 6:30. Grace might be there. And you might want to know that she called your mom a whore and said she can kick your ass with one leg behind her back.
I tried to sign up for the event myself, and I even got as far as the pledge. It looked mighty familiar, and I post it below for your information.
TO JOIN ASSHATS 4 EDUCATION AND GET LOTS OF NICE DRINKS, AS WELL AS STICKERS, AND DID WE MENTION THAT THE DRINKS ARE FREE AND PLENTIFUL, YOU MUST AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING:
THE TWELVE STEPS
- I admit I am powerless over my classrooms — that my students have become unmanageable.
- I came to believe that a Power greater than myself could restore my room to sanity.
- Made a decision to turn my will and my life over to the care of Bill Gates as I understood Him.
- I will make a searching and fearless moral inventory of myself and then whine about it in public to anyone who will listen
- I admit to Bill, Melinda, and to myself the exact nature of my ineptitude.
- I am entirely ready to point out the defects of character of my fellow teachers.
- I humbly will ask Rupert Murdoch to publish those shortcomings.
- I will make a list of all the teachers in the city and their TDR scores and push for them to be published in the paper.
- I will demand public humiliation of my colleagues, especially when to do so would injure them or others.
- I will continue to take personal inventory of my failings but flee to third grade where there is no data to prove it
- I will seek through prayer and whining to improve my teaching practice through contact with Bill and Evan, as I understood them, praying only for knowledge of their will for me and the power to blog about it.
- I have had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, and I will try to carry this message to alcoholics in the form of free drinks at Asshats events.
You should hear what Grace said about your dad.