DIRECTIONS: Print a copy of the quiz below so that you can easily circle your answers. For each question, choose only the best answer. Circle the letter A, B, or C as appropriate, using only a #2 pencil. Do NOT use a pen. You have ten minutes to finish. The answers appear below the quiz. You may NOT look at the answers beforehand. Let’s begin! Good luck!
Question One. In your own school career, you mostly got:
- Placed on the Honor Roll
- Good grades
Question Two. What’s your primary motivation for wanting to be a teacher?
- I enjoy working with children.
- I want to share my love of learning.
- I was kicked out of Charm School.
Question Three. Of these educational giants, who best represents your own philosophy towards teaching?
- John Dewey.
- Mr. Kotter.
Question Four. What quality best describes your personality?
Question Five. A child begins projectile vomiting in the middle of your lesson. You immediately:
- Clear the area, open the windows, and notify the school nurse.
- Call the custodian to clean up the area so others won’t be infected.
- Join him.
Question Six. If you do opt for a career in teaching, where do you see yourself in ten years?
- Still in the classroom, reveling in the joys of my chosen profession
- In an administrative role, helping new teachers acquire the skills they need to succeed
- In a straitjacket, tearing at the straps with my teeth
SCORING THE QUIZ: Look at the answer sheet you printed when you began this quiz. If you bothered to print it, you are teacher material. You obviously enjoy doing pointless tasks at the behest of others. Your unquestioning nature makes you an ideal teaching candidate in today’s hostile educational environment. If you did not print the answer sheet, you clearly value your independence and would be better suited toward a career with fewer actual requirements, such as Secretary of Education or Senator.